PROBLEM - Over Wetting
CAUSE: Over wetting of carpet is the cause of most cleaning related problems. It can be caused from the following items;
- Blockage in vacuum systems
- Leaks, cracks, collapsed vacuum hoses.
- Damage to the wand that causes restriction of air-flow
- Waste tank seals missing or damaged
- Vacuum filters clogged
- Improper speed or RPM settings (truck mounted systems)
- Worn vacuum pumps and motors
- Over-application of solutions, due to pressure settings too high and/or improperly sized jets in the cleaning wand.
- Over-applying shampoo solutions. Note: Shampoo solutions should have good foamin qualities to help avoid over-wetting
- Improper cleaning technique. Operator over applying solutions and not taking proper vacuum strokes.
- Reduce pressure setting of pump
- Insure vacuum system is operating properly
- Re-extraction of excess moisture
- Employ proper drying technique - use a Turbo dryer whenever possible.
The following is a listing of principals that will effect the drying process:
- Proper air circulation is necessary for quick drying
- As air becomes saturated with moisture drying slows down
- Warm air will hold more moisture than cold air
- Fans are dehumidifiers will decrease drying time
- Air conditioning units act as dehumidifiers.