PROBLEM - Carpet Stiffness After Cleaning
CAUSES: Stiffness in carpet after cleaning can occur for several reasons
- Over use of chemicals
- Improper chemical use
- Hard water
- Emulsification of soluble residues that are not completely extracted.
- Residues not completely removed during the cleaning process is the most common cause.
- Usually a slight stiffness problem will correct itself after one or two vacuumings
- In more severe cases recleaning the area using the normal amount of detergent for good soil suspension and to reduce soil re-deposition will usually correct the problem
- Following the cleaning of problem stiff carpets, sour the carpet lighlty with Cleancare Textile Rinse to neutralise any detergent residues.
- Always set the pile with a groomer or nap brush after cleaning and use Turbo Dryers to speed drying
- Posst-dry vacuuming may be necessary following wet cleaning procedures.