Located on over 240 acres in the heart of scenic foothills of southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is one of the largest casinos in the United States, with three casinos totaling over 350,000 sq. ft. of gaming space. In addition, the destination includes a 34-story, 1,200 room luxury hotel, a 22,000 sq. ft. spa operated by world-class Elemis Spa, 130,000 sq. ft. of retail shopping, more than 100,000 sq. ft. of meeting and function space, including one of the largest ballrooms in the Northeast, a 10,000 sq. ft. indoor pool, and three entertainment venues, including a 10,000-seat Arena.
The property employs over 10,000 people, draws guests from around the world, and is commonly described as stunning by visitors. As a 24-hour, 7-day per week operation, with tremendously heavy foot traffic, and challenged with 4-season weather conditions, facility management at Mohegan Sun is charged with maintaining the various venues on-site to the world-class standards the property is well known for.
Working closely with the Facilities Department, our New England Manager, David Nagel, has helped them meet that challenge with the help of CFR. With Four (4) CFR Cascade 20s and a Pro 750, the property’s EVS Heavy Duty Shift Manager says, “We’ve never used any other carpet cleaning equipment that offers the quality, durability and performance of CFR.” He adds, “The carpet and various fabrics throughout the property has never been cleaner. My staff is now doing in one shift what used to take 3 or 4 nights to do. . .and best of all, my guys love using them.”
They’ve purchased extension hoses and employ the Pro 500 in their theatres and entertainment venues to maintain the seating, commenting, “Prior to using CFR, we were never able to get our seating this clean, and the great thing is that it doesn’t take us long to do, and it dries so fast.”
The property is so pleased with CFR that facilities management has decided to purchase three more Cascade 20 walk-behind extractors during the first half of 2013, which will be used to deep-clean large carpeted spaces throughout the property!
• More than 300,000 square feet of gaming excitement within 3 casinos.
• A 34-story, 1,200-room luxury hotel tower
• A 22,000 square-foot world-class spa by Elemis
• The Shops at Mohegan Sun, a 130,000 square-foot retail shopping experience
• Over 40 restaurants, bars and lounges
• Three entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena; a 350-seat Cabaret Theatre and a 300-seat Wolf Den
• More than 100,000 square feet of meeting and function space, including one of the largest ballrooms in the Northeast
• 10,000 square-foot indoor pool
• A 17,500 square-foot outdoor sun terrace